Traverse City Wrestling Club
Youth Wrestling Team for building and developing elite level wrestlers through strict wrestling curriculum designed to enhance student-athletes overall athletic ability, coordination, strength and mental toughness.
This wrestling offering is a step up from LEAP K-5 wrestling - providing a longer season with additional opportunities to compete for participants who are looking for more of a challenge!
LEAP K-5 wrestling will still take place as an introduction to the sport, culminating with an end of the season tournament. The LEAP K-5 season begins in January!
Program will be lead by Coach Don Funk - Coach Funk is the currently the Head Varsity Wrestling Coach at Traverse City Central High School. He is also the Director of the Traverse City Wrestling Club and a 4-year Division I Varsity Wrestler.
- In the event school is closed, no LEAP activities will be held per TCAPS policy. There is no guarantee of a make-up date in the case of inclement weather.
- Registration does NOT include entry fees for tournaments through out the season - registration fees cover instruction during practice times only.
- Traverse City Central High School, 1150 Milliken Drive, Traverse City, MI 49686 - Wrestling Room
- Students should wear athletic shoes and must wear socks.
- Wrestling shoes are completely optional and absolutely not required.
Season Start and End Dates: Tuesday, November 20th, 2018 - Sunday, March 31st, 2018.
Practices will be held on Tuesday and Thursday evenings - 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm.
- There will be NO practice on 11/22, 12/25, 12/27, 1/1, 1/3, 3/25, 3/27.
Competition schedule will include Saturday and Sunday tournaments as well as weekday duels - participation is highly encouraged in all team tournaments and duels.
- Bi-weekly practice sessions will prepare these athletes for both team and individual competition schedules throughout the season.
- Open to all K - 8th grade students - no experience is necessary - extra workouts will be available as needed.
- Registration includes Myway registration card in the Traverse City Wrestling Club (TCWC).
Registration Deadline & Details
Registration Cost: $75
- Reduced rates are unavailable for this offering.
Registration Deadline: January 7th, 2019
Payment is required at the time of registration. To register online using a Discover, MasterCard, Visa, or ACH (via a checking or savings account) please register below. Payment with cash or check can be made at the LEAP office located at Central High School, 1150 Milliken, Traverse City. Please use the 1st (smaller) auditorium entrance - we are located just inside the doors to the right. Office hours are Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm. Please call the LEAP office at 231.933.6570 for more information.
NOTE: Registration is not complete until your course appears in your dashboard. You will also receive an email from Eleyo confirming your registration. If you do not receive the confirmation email or see the course in your dashboard, be sure you have not left any course items in your shopping basket. If you need assistance please call the LEAP office (231.933.6570). If you did not receive an email from Eleyo or see your course in your dashboard, the payment did not process and the student is not registered.
No Class Nov 22, Dec 25, Dec 27, Jan 1 & Jan 3
Online registration is over