Boys Basketball Skills Camp (Grades 4-9)
Basketball Skills Camp
Participants will be instructed by Coach Dave Hendrix.
- Camp runs Monday, June 24th – Wednesday, June 26th.
- Hosted at West Senior High School in the Auxiliary Gym.
- Two sessions will be held for each day of camp:
- Session I: Boys entering grades 4th - 6th 8:30 am – 10:30 am
- Session II: Boys entering grades 7th – 9th 11:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Cost: $60.00
Registration Deadline: Friday, June 17th, 2019
- Registration will automatically close once each session has 15 registered participants
- Late registration may not be available for this offering
- The goal of this camp is for players to improve on the following basketball skills:
- Skill based drills will progressively get more difficult throughout the 3 day camp to challenge participants.
- Structured scrimmages will allow players to improve their understanding of the game itself, along with the team concept that is vital to championship basketball.
Players will learn offensive and defensive skills along with important concepts related to successful team play. Defensive skills will include perimeter, post and off-ball (help) defense. Offensive skills will include the following: shooting, dribbling and passing. In addition, players will work extensively on finishing around the basket by way of dribble drive moves and a variety of screens and cuts on the perimeter.
Coach Dave Hendrix has extensive coaching background in boys basketball from elementary through high school ages.
His personal basketball experience includes playing at Rochester College for 2 years.
Please contact Coach Hendrix at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about this skills camp!
Payment is required at the time of registration. To register online using a Discover, MasterCard, Visa, or ACH (via a checking or savings account) please register below. Payment with cash or check can be made at the LEAP office located at Central High School, 1150 Milliken, Traverse City. Please use the 1st (smaller) auditorium entrance Bldg. F - we are located just inside the doors to the right. Summer Office Hours are Mondays & Wednesdays from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm. School Year Office hours are Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm. Please call the LEAP office at 231.933.6570 for more information.
NOTE: Registration is not complete until your course appears in your dashboard. You will also receive an email from Eleyo confirming your registration. If you do not receive the confirmation email or see the course in your dashboard, be sure you have not left any course items in your shopping basket. If you need assistance please call the LEAP office (231.933.6570). If you did not receive an email from Eleyo or see your course in your dashboard, the payment did not process and the student is not registered.