Boys Basketball (Grades 4-5)
About Boys Basketball
Elementary Boys Basketball is open to boys in 2nd - 5th grade (this course offering is for 4th & 5th Graders, to register for 2nd & 3rd Graders click here). The season begins on Wednesday, January 3rd, 2018 and will run for approximately six weeks. Teams will practice 2-3 days a week and will begin competitions after the second week of practices. Teams will be formed at each elementary school that have enough participants registered to field a team and where a volunteer coach is available. Schools that have a high enough enrollment will have separate 4th and 5th grade teams, while schools with lower enrollment will have combined teams. In the event of low enrollment or lack of a volunteer coach, schools may be combined and/or refunds may be given. You will be contacted by the LEAP Office in the event of low enrollment for your school.
Season Start & End Dates
Wednesday, January 3rd, 2018 - Wednesday, February 7th, 2018.
Elementary 4th - 5th Grade Boys Basketball practices will begin the week of Wednesday, January 3rd, 2018. Practices will run 1-3 days per week after school at each home school that fields enough players for a team. Exact practice days and times will be determined by the availability of the volunteer coach and will not be known until a coach is in place. Schedules vary from school to school. Following the close of registration, your student’s coach will contact you regarding a more detailed schedule.
- Games will begin on Tuesday, January 16th, 2018. After the first game, games will be held for both the Central and West Leagues on Mondays and Wednesdays. See below for the complete game schedule.
- Tuesday, January 16th, 2018
- Wednesday, January 17th, 2018
- Monday, January 22nd, 2018
- Wednesday, January 24th, 2018
- Monday, January 29th, 2018
- Wednesday, January 31st, 2018
- Monday, February 5th, 2018
- Wednesday, February 7th, 2018
- Games will be scheduled between 5 pm and 8 pm.
- Check back for information on possible mini-camps or other exciting events.
- Bring a water bottle to practices and games.
- Teams will consist of 7-12 players.
- 4th Grade Teams will play 4 v 4
- 4th/5th combined teams and 5th Grade teams will play 5 v 5
- In the event school is closed, no LEAP activities will be held per TCAPS policy. There is no guarantee of a make-up date in the case of inclement weather. Missed games will only be made up if schedules allow.
- $65 if registered by Friday, December 15th, 2017, or $90 if registered after the deadline.
- Reduced fees are available to those who qualify for the free and reduced meals program. Participation fees for those that qualify are as follows:
- Reduced Meals Participation Fee: $32.50 if registered by the deadline.
- Free Meals Participation Fee: $16.25 if registered by the deadline.
Milk Crate Basketball Assistance
Need an “Assist” this season? LEAP is proud to partner with Milk Crate Basketball, a local nonprofit organization assisting KIDS IN NEED with resources to play and enjoy the game of basketball. Through donations and merchandise sales, Milk Crate Basketball provides kids with a wide range of items needed in order to play and enjoy basketball — shoes, basketballs, hoops, athletic wear, registration fees, etc. [Download the Assist Application for this season.]
Want to learn more about Milk Crate Basketball? For more information: visitwww.milkcratebasketball.org.
Registration Deadline & Details
- Deadline: Friday, December 15th, 2017.
- Registration deadlines are final. Late registrations may not be accepted after the posted registration close date.
- Register for your school below.
- If your child does not attend a TCAPS school, select the "Out of District" option.
- In an effort to be a good community partner, LEAP will accept non-TCAPS students when possible. Space is limited and enrollment may be capped for various offerings. For high demand activities TCAPS students will receive priority.
Payment is required at the time of registration. To register online using a Discover, MasterCard, Visa, or ACH via a checking or savings account please register below. Payment with cash or check can be made in the LEAP office located at Central High School, 1150 Milliken, Traverse City. Please use the main school entrance, the LEAP office is located just inside the doors to the right. Office hours: Monday – Friday, 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM. Please call the LEAP office at 231.933.1758 for more information.
NOTE: Registration is not complete until your course appears in your dashboard. You will also receive an email from Eleyo confirming your registration. If you do not receive the confirmation email or see the course in your dashboard, be sure you have not left any course items in your shopping basket. If you need assistance please call the LEAP office (231.933.1758). If you did not receive an email from Eleyo or see your course in your dashboard, the payment did not process and the student is not registered.