Flag Football (Grades 4-5)
Elementary Athletics / Flag Football -
About Flag Football
Flag Football is open to boys and girls in 2nd - 5th grade (this course section will allow you to register 4th and 5th Graders, (to register for 2nd-3rd Flag Football click here). The LEAP flag football program partners with the NFL flag football program to offer this exciting opportunity for elementary students to learn the basic fundamentals of the game. Along with the LEAP staff, this program is overseen by the Central High School and West Senior High School coaching staff. Teams will be formed at each elementary school that have enough participants registered to field a team and where a volunteer coach is available. In the event of low enrollment or lack of a volunteer coach, schools may be combined and/or refunds may be given. You will be contacted by the LEAP Office in the event of low enrollment for your school.
2020 Elementary Flag Football Update:
- Season will tentatively run 9/28-10/31.
- 2nd-3rd grade games will be played Mondays & Saturdays.
- 4th-5th grade games will be played Wednesday & Saturdays.
- Adjustment to rules to allow for social distancing and reduced player contact.
- Coaches, staff & spectators will wear masks at all times.
- Per EO 176 all athletes participating in an organized sport, while on the field of play, must maintain six feet of distance from one another to the extent compatible with that organized sport, and wear a facial covering except when swimming. This means that athletes must remain masked during practices and games.
DUE TO COVID-19:
- Additional additional safety & sanitation measures will be in place.
- Students will be working in pods of athletes each day & proper social distancing measures will be enforced.
- Students must pass a daily screening & temperature check.
Check-in Process:Check-In will begin 10 minutes prior to the start of practice each day. Students should come dressed in athletic clothing, tennis shoes or non-metal cleats(optional) and bring a water bottle. Once screened, cleared students will be permitted to practice. Any students who do not pass the initial screening will be sent home. The following questions will be asked:
Close contact or cared for someone with COVID-19?
Recent loss of smell or taste?
Have a cough?
Have a sore throat?
Shortness of breath / Difficulty breathing?
Diarrhea, nausea or vomiting?
Season Start & End Dates
September 28 - October 31, 2020
4th - 5th Grade Flag Football will run 1-3 days per week after school at each home school. Exact practice days and times will be determined by the availability of the volunteer coach and will not be known until a coach is in place. Schedules vary from school to school. Following the close registration, your student's coach will contact you regarding a more detailed schedule.
Game Schedule - TBD
- Bring a water bottle to practices and games.
- Each player will be given a jersey that corresponds with the NFL team that is selected for their Flag Football team.
- Sizes requested upon registration will be honored whenever possible but are not guaranteed. NFL jersey inventory is limited - certain sizes may not be available at the time the order is placed so the next size up or down may be ordered in its place.
- Cost: $75.00
- Reduced fees are unavailable for this offering due to fees associated with our NFL Flag Football membership.
Registration Deadline & Details
Deadline: Wednesday, September 9th, 2020
- Due to the deadline for LEAP to place NFL jersey orders, no late registrations will be accepted.
- Register for your school below.
- In an effort to be a good community partner, LEAP will accept non-TCAPS students when possible. Space is limited and enrollment may be capped for various offerings. For high demand activities TCAPS students will receive priority.
Payment is required at the time of registration. To register online using a Discover, MasterCard, Visa, or ACH (via a checking or savings account) please register below. Payment with cash or check can be made at the LEAP office located at Central High School, 1150 Milliken, Traverse City. Please use the 1st (smaller) auditorium entrance - we are located just inside the doors to the right. Office hours are Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm. Please call the LEAP office at 231.933.6570 for more information.
NOTE: Registration is not complete until your course appears in your dashboard. You will also receive an email from Eleyo confirming your registration. If you do not receive the confirmation email or see the course in your dashboard, be sure you have not left any course items in your shopping basket. If you need assistance please call the LEAP office (231.933.6570). If you did not receive an email from Eleyo or see your course in your dashboard, the payment did not process and the student is not registered.