Girls Softball (Middle School)
Middle School Athletics / Softball -
About Girls Softball
LEAP middle school girls softball welcomes middle school students of all ability levels and experience.
LEAP Middle School Softball is open to all 7th & 8th grade participants. There will be two teams at each school. SPACE IS LIMITED AND REGISTRATION IS ON A FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE, BASIS. Grade levels may be combined based on skill level/ability. If we are unable to identify a coach for each team, refunds may need to be issued.
This six-week program of educational athletics will focus on the fundamental skills needed for the game including throwing, fielding, hitting and pitching. Games will be scheduled with other comparable school teams from the area throughout the season with exact schedules TBD. A high level of sportsmanship will be expected of all involved with the program.
- Safe Return to Play: MS Sports will follow MHSAA guidelines for safe return to play. A few key changes that will be required this season include:
- Face Coverings: Masks will be required without exception. Per MHSAA guidelines, there is no medical waiver exempting any students. Should your son choose to play, s/he will be required to wear a mask at all times.
- Spectators: Spectators may be limited dependent on facility & will be required to mask while in our facilities.
INFORMATION FOR THIS OFFERING MAY CHANGE FREQUENTLY. CHECK THIS PAGE OFTEN FOR THE MOST CURRENT INFORMATION
If you have questions about any of these items or are not sure you have completed the registration process please email: firstname.lastname@example.org - include your students name, school and grade. Thank you.
- Additional safety & sanitation measures will be in place.
- Athletes must pass a daily screening & temperature check. This year we will be utilizing FinalForms to complete the daily screening process. Final Forms is an online forms and data management service that is currently utilized by our High School Athletic Departments.
- ALL STUDENTS MUST REGISTER FOR A FINAL FORMS ACCOUNT SO PROPER SCREENING/MONITORING CAN TAKE PLACE. Final Forms is in addition to a sports physical and registering to play the sport, if you did not check out and pay in Eleyo you ARE NOT registered.
- Please create an account at: https://traversecity-mi.finalforms.com and follow the prompts to create your account, create your students, and sign your forms.
- If you require any support during the process, scroll to the page bottom and click “Use Support,” or feel free to contact our office. NOTE: During parent registration, you will need to input your students’ TCAPS email address. It will be helpful to have that info available ahead of time in case you do not know it!
- ONCE YOUR STUDENT IS REGISTERED, PLEASE ADD HIM OR HER TO THE SPORT YOU ARE REGISTERING FOR.
DUE TO COVID-19:
Season Start & End Dates
Monday, April 12th, 2021 - Friday, June 4th, 2021.
East Middle School
Preliminary Evaluation Clinics will take place in the East Middle School Gyms.
- Tuesday, April 13th. 5:30- 7:30 pm
- Wednesday April 14th 5:30 -7:30 pm
- Thursday, April 15th 5:30 -7:30 pm
- Friday, April 16th
- Gold Team - practice TBD
- Black Team - practice TBD
Gold Team: Dave DiBenedetto
Black Team: Michelle Cary
West Middle School:
Preliminary Evaluation Clinics will take place in the Big/Small gyms at West Middle School
- Monday, April 12th
- 5:30 PM - 7:00 PM
- Tuesday, April 13th
- 5:30 PM - 7:00 PM
- Wednesday, April 14th
- 5:30 PM - 7:00 PM
- Thursday, April 15th
- Individual team practices times 5:30- 7:00 pm
- Gold Team: Will Fleming
- Green Team: Neil Cummings
- Team Communications: Chrissy Black- email@example.com or 231-590-0106
- Incoming 7th & 8th graders: Students who had a valid physical for the 2019-20 school year do not need a new physical if you answer NO to all 14 questions on the form & submit it prior to your sports season.
- Incoming 6th graders: will need a new physical dated April 15th, 2020 or later.
- 6th-8th graders that did not have an up to date physical will need a physical dated April 15th, 2020 or later.
- If you answered YES to any of the 14 questions, you will need a new physical.
- If you answered NO to all of the questions, you may still go get a new physical if you choose.
- This is all in response that Dr. offices and clinics have said it will be difficult to see all athletes prior to the start of fall sports.
- For more information on this process, you can access a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page for this new Health Questionnaire form by clicking HERE.
- If all answers are NO, email or mail the signed form to: TCAPS LEAP 1150 Milliken Dr. Traverse City, MI 49686 and we will mark your physical valid for next year.
- Do you need a new physical? Download and print the TCAPS physical form here, and then please call your family physician to schedule a physical for your child. Mail completed physicals to: TCAPS LEAP 1150 Milliken Dr. Traverse City, MI 49686
- Transportation is NOT provided for this LEAP offering, transportation will be the sole responsibility of the participants parent/guardian
Middle School Athletes must have an updated physical on file each school year. Sports physicals must be dated April 15th, 2020 or newer, and can be used for the entire 20-21 school year. For 2020-2021, TCAPS is accepting a new Health Questionnaire that students who had a valid sports physical in 2019-20 (completed on or after April 15, 2019) can complete with required signatures to meet the pre-participation health status requirement in 2020-21. This NEW health questionnaire is a 14 question form that if all answers are 'no', then the 2019-20 physical on file is good for next year and can be found HERE.
- In the event school is closed, no LEAP activities will be held per TCAPS policy. There is no guarantee of a make-up date in the case of inclement weather. Missed games will only be made up if schedules allow.
- Important Message from the LEAP Director Regarding Transportation
- Bats, Cleats, Helmet, Glove, Mask (They are not required, however if you have these items please bring them to practice and games).
- Water Bottle
Registration Deadline & Details
- Deadline: Wednesday, March 31, 2021.
- Registration deadlines are final. Late registrations may not be accepted after the posted registration close date.
- If late registration is available, there will be a $25.00 late fee.
- Register for your school below.
- If your child does not attend a TCAPS school, select the "Non-TCAPS" option.
- In an effort to be a good community partner, LEAP will accept non-TCAPS students when possible. Space is limited and enrollment may be capped for various offerings. For high demand activities TCAPS students will receive priority.
Payment is required at the time of registration. To register online using a Discover, MasterCard, Visa, or ACH (via a checking or savings account) please register below. Payment with cash or check can be made at the LEAP office located at Central High School, 1150 Milliken, Traverse City. Please use the 1st (smaller) auditorium entrance - we are located just inside the doors to the right. Office hours are Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm. Please call the LEAP office at 231.933.6570 for more information.
NOTE: Registration is not complete until your course appears in your dashboard. You will also receive an email from Eleyo confirming your registration. If you do not receive the confirmation email or see the course in your dashboard, be sure you have not left any course items in your shopping basket. If you need assistance please call the LEAP office (231.933.6570). If you did not receive an email from Eleyo or see your course in your dashboard, the payment did not process and the student is not registered.
Online registration is over
Online registration is over