Track & Field (Grades 4-5)
Elementary Athletics / Track & Field -
About Co-Ed Track & Field
LEAP Elementary Track & Field is co-ed and is open to 4th - 5th grade students of all ability levels and experience. This program of educational athletics will focus on skill development, gaining an appreciation for the sport of track and field, and teamwork. Effort, attitude, and commitment will directly influence individual growth within the program. A high level of sportsmanship will be expected of all involved with the program.
- Safe Return to Play: Elementary Sports will follow MHSAA guidelines for safe return to play.
- Face Coverings: Masks will be required without exception. Per MHSAA guidelines, there is no medical waiver exempting any students. Should your child choose to participate, s/he will be required to wear a mask at all times.
- Spectators: Spectators may be limited dependent on facility & will be required to mask while in our facilities.
- Distancing: Students will be socially distanced to the extent feasible while not in active participation.
INFORMATION FOR THIS OFFERING MAY CHANGE FREQUENTLY. CHECK THIS PAGE OFTEN FOR THE MOST CURRENT INFORMATION.
Season Start & End Dates
Monday, April 12th, 2021 - Thursday, May 20th, 2021.
Practice will run 1-3 days per week after school at each home school. Exact practice days and times will be determined by the availability of the volunteer coach and will not be known until a coach is in place. Schedules vary from school to school. Following the close of registration, your student’s coach will contact you regarding a more detailed schedule.
*Meet dates and times may change, please check back regularly for updates*
Central League will tentatively have meets on Wednesdays at 5 PM at East Middle School on the following dates: 4-21, 4-28, 5-5 & 5-12
West League will tentatively have meets on Thursdays at 5 PM at West Middle School on the following dates: 4-22, 4-29, 5-6 & 5-13
All City Track & Field Meet – Tuesday, May 18, 2021 @ Central High School - 4:00 pm
Elementary LEAP Track – Order of Events
- 55 Meter Hurdles (Blocks)
- 55 Meter Dash (Blocks)
- 100 Meter Dash (Blocks)
- 200 Meter Dash
- 4th Grade 200 Meter Relay
- 200 Meter Relay
- 400 Meter Relay
- 800 Meter Relay
- 400 Meter Run
- 800 Meter Run
- 1600 Meter Run
- Shot put
- Long Jump
Important Meet Information
- Only participants, coaches, and assigned meet volunteers, are allowed on the infield during meets. All others must be behind the fencing and/or in the stands.
- No pets are allowed at any TCAPS event. Please do not bring your pets to the track meets as this is a school policy and is in place for the safety of everyone.
- Track meets can be held during all weather conditions, please send your child to meets prepared for all weather conditions. Include shorts, pants, t-shirt, sweatshirt, jacket, tennis shoes, gloves, and a water bottle. As the night progresses the weather can dramatically change.
- Bring a water bottle to practices and meets.
- In the event school is closed, no LEAP activities will be held per TCAPS policy. There is no guarantee of a make-up date in the case of inclement weather. Missed meets will only be made up if schedules allow.
- Reduced fees are available to those who qualify for the free and reduced meals program. Participation fees for those that qualify are as follows:
- Reduced Meals Participation Fee: $32.50 if registered by the deadline.
- Free Meals Participation Fee: $16.25 if registered by the deadline.
Registration Deadline & Details
- Deadline: Monday, April 5th, 2021.
- Registration deadlines are final. Late registrations may not be accepted after the posted registration close date.
- If late registration is available, there will be a $25.00 late fee.
- Register for your school below.
- If your child does not attend a TCAPS school, select the "Non-TCAPS" option.
- In an effort to be a good community partner, LEAP will accept non-TCAPS students when possible. Space is limited and enrollment may be capped for various offerings. For high demand activities TCAPS students will receive priority.
Payment is required at the time of registration. To register online using a Discover, MasterCard, Visa, or ACH (via a checking or savings account) please register below. Payment with cash or check can be made at the LEAP office located at Central High School, 1150 Milliken, Traverse City. Please use the 1st (smaller) auditorium entrance - we are located just inside the doors to the right. Office hours are Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm. Please call the LEAP office at 231.933.6570 for more information.
NOTE: Registration is not complete until your course appears in your dashboard. You will also receive an email from Eleyo confirming your registration. If you do not receive the confirmation email or see the course in your dashboard, be sure you have not left any course items in your shopping basket. If you need assistance please call the LEAP office (231.933.6570). If you did not receive an email from Eleyo or see your course in your dashboard, the payment did not process and the student is not registered.