Cheerleading Middle School
Middle School Athletics / Sideline Cheer -
About Middle School Cheerleading
Cheerleading consists of many skills. Cheerleaders are required to lead the spirit and energy the crowd directs towards the football team. We know by studies that players often perform better when they are given positive attention from the people in the stands who are there to support them. Cheerleaders at the middle school level will be taught age appropriate stunts, flexibility skills such as splits and jumps, and tumbling.
All sports for the 2021-2022 school year are being planned as normal for a non-covid year. However, all activities are subject to change per MDHHS orders.
- Safe Return to Play: All TCAPS sports will follow MHSAA guidelines for safe return to play.
- Face Coverings: Per current MDHHS orders
- Sanitization: Additional safety & sanitation measures will be in place.
Season Start and End Dates:
Monday, August 30th, 2021 - Wednesday, October 20th, 2021.
Practice & Game Schedules:
West Middle School Practices - M/TU each week beginning: August 30, 2021.
- Mondays 5:00 - 7:00 in the balcony
- Tuesdays 3:00 - 5:00 in the balcony
- Games will take place on Wednesdays beginning September 15th. Exact schedules TBD.
East Middle School Practices - Due to last minute staffing changes we are currently unable to offer cheer at EMS.
2021 East Middle School - N/A
2021 West Middle School
- Michelle Kelsey, firstname.lastname@example.org
Middle School Athletes must have an updated physical on file each school year. Sports physicals must be dated April 15th, 2021 or later, & can be used for the entire '21-'22 school year.
- Need a new physical? Download and print the TCAPS physical form here, and then please call your family physician to schedule a physical for your child. Email completed sports physicals to email@example.com
- ALL STUDENTS MUST REGISTER FOR A FINAL FORMS ACCOUNT IN ADDITION TO REGISTERING ON THIS SITE.
- Please register at: https://traversecity-mi.finalforms.com and follow the prompts to create your account, create your students, and sign your forms.
- If you require any support during the process, scroll to the page bottom and click “Use Support,” or feel free to contact our office. NOTE: During parent registration, you will need to input your students’ TCAPS email address. It will be helpful to have that info available ahead of time in case you do not know it!
- ONCE YOUR STUDENT IS REGISTERED, PLEASE ADD HIM/HER TO THE SPORTS S/HE PLANS TO PLAY THIS SCHOOL YEAR.
- Cost: $125.00
- Reduced fees are not available for this offering.
Registration Deadline & Details:
- Deadline: Friday, August 20th 2021.
- Registration deadlines are final. Late registrations may not be accepted after the posted registration close date.
Payment is required at the time of registration. To register online using a Discover, MasterCard, Visa, or ACH via a checking or savings account please register below. Payment with cash or check can be made in the LEAP office located at Central High School, 1150 Milliken, Traverse City. The LEAP office is located near the Auditorium. Use the first parking lot on Milliken and enter through the first set of doors. Our office is the first office on the right. Office hours: Monday – Friday, 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM. Please call the LEAP office at 231.933.6570 for more information.
Note: Registration is not complete until your course appears in your dashboard. You will also receive an email from Eleyo confirming your registration. If you do not receive the confirmation email or see the course in your dashboard, be sure you have not left any course items in your shopping basket. If you need assistant, please call the LEAP office at 231.933.6570. If you did not receive an email from Eleyo or see your course in your dashboard, the payment did not process and the student is not registered.
No Class Sep 6
Online registration is over