Flag Football (Grades 2-3)
Elementary Athletics / Flag Football -
About Flag Football
Flag Football is open to boys and girls in 2nd - 5th grade (this course section will allow you to register 2nd and 3rd Graders, (click here to find the course for 4th-5th Flag Football). The LEAP flag football program partners with the NFL flag football program to offer this exciting opportunity for elementary students to learn the basic fundamentals of the game. Along with the LEAP staff, this program is overseen by the Central High School and West Senior High School coaching staff. Teams will be formed at each elementary school that have enough participants registered to field a team and where a volunteer coach is available. In the event of low enrollment or lack of a volunteer coach, schools may be combined and/or refunds may be given. You will be contacted by the LEAP Office in the event of low enrollment for your school.
2021 Elementary Flag Football Update:
- All sports for the 2021-2022 school year are being planned as normal for a non-covid year. However, all activities are subject to change per MDHHS orders.
- Safe Return to Play: All TCAPS sports will follow MHSAA guidelines for safe return to play.
- Face Coverings: Per current MDHHS orders
- Sanitization: Additional safety & sanitation measures will be in place.
Season Start & End Dates:
September 20 - October 23, 2021
Grades 2-5 flag football practice will run 1-2 days per week after school at each home school. Exact practice days and times will be determined by the availability of the volunteer coach and will not be known until a coach is in place. Schedules vary from school to school. Following the close of registration, your student's coach will contact you regarding a more detailed schedule.
Game Schedule TBD
- Bring a water bottle to practices and games.
- Each player will be given a jersey that corresponds with the NFL team that is selected for their Flag Football Team. Jersey sizes are limited so LEAP may sub up or down from your requested size based upon availability.
- Cost: $75.00
- Reduced fees are unavailable for this offering due to fees associated with our NFL Flag Football membership.
Registration Deadline & Details
Deadline: Wednesday, September 8th, 2021.
- Due to the deadline for LEAP to place NFL jersey orders, no late registrations will be accepted.
- Register for your school below.
- In an effort to be a good community partner, LEAP will accept non-TCAPS students when possible. Space is limited and enrollment may be capped for various offerings. For high demand activities TCAPS students will receive priority.
Payment is required at the time of registration. To register online using a Discover, MasterCard, Visa, or ACH (via a checking or savings account) please register below. Payment with cash or check can be made at the LEAP office located at Central High School, 1150 Milliken, Traverse City. Please use the 1st (smaller) auditorium entrance - we are located just inside the doors to the right. Summer Office Hours are Mondays from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm. School Year Office hours are Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm. Please call the LEAP office at 231.933.6570 for more information.
NOTE: Registration is not complete until your course appears in your dashboard. You will also receive an email from Eleyo confirming your registration. If you do not receive the confirmation email or see the course in your dashboard, be sure you have not left any course items in your shopping basket. If you need assistance please call the LEAP office (231.933.6570). If you did not receive an email from Eleyo or see your course in your dashboard, the payment did not process and the student is not registered.