Wrestling (Grades 6-8)
Middle School Athletics / Wrestling -
About Middle School Wrestling
LEAP middle school wrestling welcomes 6-8 grade boys and girls of all ability levels and experience. This program of educational athletics will focus on skill development, gaining an appreciation for the sport of wrestling, and teamwork. Effort, attitude, and commitment will directly influence individual growth within the program. A high level of sportsmanship will be expected of all involved with the program.
INFORMATION ABOUT THIS OFFERING MAY CHANGE: PLEASE CHECK BACK FREQUENTLY FOR UPDATES. THANK YOU.
Season Start & End Dates
Tuesday, January 3, 2023 - Saturday, March 18, 2023
- TCAPS Students: $125.00
- Reduced fees are available to TCAPS students who qualify for the free and reduced meals program:
- Reduced Meals Participation Fee: $70.00 if registered by the deadline
- Free Meals Participation Fee: $40.00 if registered by the deadline
- ALL STUDENTS MUST REGISTER FOR A FINAL FORMS ACCOUNT IN ADDITION TO REGISTERING/PAYING
- Please register at: https://traversecity-mi.finalforms.com and follow the prompts to create your account, create your students, and sign your forms.
- If you require any support during the process, scroll to the page bottom and click “Use Support,” or feel free to contact our office. NOTE: During parent registration, you will need to input your students’ TCAPS email address.
- Need a new physical? Download and print the TCAPS physical form here, and then please call your family physician to schedule a physical for your child. Email completed sports physicals to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Transportation will be the sole responsibility of the participants parent/guardian.
What to Bring:
- Athletic clothing - t-shirt, shorts, sweatpants
- Wrestling shoes
- Head gear
East Middle School - Practice in the Cafe by the mirrors (NO PRACTICE ON MEET DAYS)
Practice schedule: Monday -Friday 2:50-4:50
Coach East Middle School: Russell Springsteen ~ Email: email@example.com
West Middle School - Practice in the WMS Balcony (NO PRACTICE ON MEET DAYS)
Practice Schedule: 2:50-5:00 Monday - Friday
Coach West Middle School: Adam Beers ~ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
3 STEP ENROLLMENT PROCESS:
1) Registration & Payment:
Beginning with the 2022-2023 school year, TCAPS Middle School athletes will now participate under the umbrella of the Michigan High School Athletic Association (MHSAA). The middle school teams under the MHSAA must be composed of students enrolled in TCAPS. MHSAA teams include Football, Volleyball, Basketball, Cross Country, Wrestling, Softball, and Track & Field and Tennis.
Deadline: Friday, December 16, 2022
Registration deadlines are final. Late registrations may not be accepted after the posted registration close date. If late registration is available, there will be a $25.00 late fee added to the cost of registration.
Payment is required at the time of registration. Register using a Discover, MasterCard, Visa, or ACH via a checking or savings account below. Payment with cash or check can be made in the LEAP office located at Central High School. Office hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM. Please call the LEAP office at 231.933.6570 for more information.
Note: Registration is not complete until your course appears in your dashboard. You will also receive an email from Eleyo confirming your registration. If you do not receive the confirmation email or see the course in your dashboard, be sure you have not left any course items in your shopping basket. If you did not receive an email from Eleyo or see your course in your dashboard, the payment was not processed and the student is not registered.
2) Final Forms:
3) Sports Physicals:
Middle School Athletes must have an updated physical on file each school year. Sports physicals must be dated April 15th, 2022 or later, & can be used for the entire '22-'23 school year. Your athlete MAY NOT attend practices/evaluations etc until this is on file. Once obtained please feel free to screenshot and email directly to: email@example.com
Payment is required at the time of registration. To register online using a Discover, MasterCard, Visa, or ACH (via a checking or savings account) please register below. Payment with cash or check can be made at the LEAP office located at Central High School, 1150 Milliken, Traverse City. Please use the 1st (smaller) auditorium entrance - we are located just inside the doors to the right. Office hours are Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm. Please call the LEAP office at 231.933.6570 for more information.
NOTE: Registration is not complete until your course appears in your dashboard. You will also receive an email from Eleyo confirming your registration. If you do not receive the confirmation email or see the course in your dashboard, be sure you have not left any course items in your shopping basket. If you need assistance please call the LEAP office (231.933.6570). If you did not receive an email from Eleyo or see your course in your dashboard, the payment did not process and the student is not registered.