VEX Robotics Competition Preparation Elementary (Grades 2-5)
About Vex Robotics
We are excited to announce the 2017-2018 VEX robotics season for elementary and middle school students. This course section is for 2nd - 5th Grade Students (click here to register for 6th - 8th Grade Students). This opportunity offers 3 community build nights where teams and individuals will gather to build, practice, and scrimmage. Students will have access to a TCAPS robotics mentor who will be available for questions and will also give information regarding upcoming IQ state qualifying events. The build sessions are open to all TCAPS Elementary Students. All other team practice sessions will be up to the team mentor to coordinate.
Build Session Dates
The build sessions will be held at West Middle School (3950 West Silver Lake Rd, Traverse City, MI 49684) on the following dates:
- Tuesday, November 7th, 2017 from 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- Tuesday, November 14th, 2017 from 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- Tuesday, November 21st, 2017 from 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Please note that a team mentor must be present at each of the sessions. Mentors must complete the TCAPS Volunteer Application before the first build session. Visit http://www.tcaps.net/volunteer/ to fill out the application today.
- Registration fees are per individual. All team members must register to participate in build nights.
- Individuals are able to come to build nights and learn about robotics from the TCAPS mentors - they will have robotics kits on site. If you would like to take a kit home you will need to register to lease one below.
- Teams and individuals may bring their own equipment or lease a VEX IQ Super Kit from TCAPS.
- Only one kit is needed per team, if you team needs to lease equipment, the team mentor or designee should register to lease a kit.
- In the event school is closed, no LEAP activities will be held per TCAPS policy. There is no guarantee of a make-up date in the case of inclement weather.
District Supervisor for STEM
- Heidi Maltby-Skodack, email@example.com, 231.933.3591
Team Member & Individual Registration Fee: $50.00
Equipment Lease Fee: $50.00
- If your team will need to lease a kit, the team mentor or designee must also register to lease a kit for an additional $50.00.
- At the end of the season (October - May), teams will be reimbursed the $50.00 lease fee (less a $5 processing fee) if all equipment is returned. If equipment is not returned you will be responsible to pay TCAPS $279.00 to replace the VEX IQ Super Kit. Robotics Kits must be turned in by June 1st, 2018 to the LEAP Office at Central High School (1150 Milliken Dr, Traverse City, MI 49686).
Registration Deadline & Details
- Deadline: Thursday, November 2nd, 2017.
- Registration deadlines are final.
Payment is required at the time of registration. To register online using a Discover, MasterCard, Visa, or ACH via a checking or savings account please register below. Payment with cash or check can be made in the LEAP office located at Central High School, 1150 Milliken, Traverse City. Please use the main school entrance, the LEAP office is located just inside the doors to the right. Office hours: Monday – Friday, 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM. Please call the LEAP office at 231.933.1758 for more information.
NOTE: Registration is not complete until your course appears in your dashboard. You will also receive an email from Eleyo confirming your registration. If you do not receive the confirmation email or see the course in your dashboard, be sure you have not left any course items in your shopping basket. If you need assistance please call the LEAP office (231.933.1758). If you did not receive an email from Eleyo or see your course in your dashboard, the payment did not process and the student is not registered.
Online registration is over