Football (Grades 7-8)
About 7th - 8th Grade Football
Middle school football is open to all 7th -8th grade boys and girls. Football will run approximately eight weeks in length beginning before the 2018 school year. Generally 2 weeks prior to the first day of school. Practices will run 4-5 days a week after school at each middle school. Approximately six games/scrimmages will be held throughout the season. Transportation to out-of-district games will be provided when available.
Season Start & End Dates
Monday, August 20th, 2018 - Wednesday, October 17th, 2018.
East Middle School Practice Schedule
- 7th Grade: TBD
8th Grade: All pratices will be held at the East Middle School Football Fields
- Monday, August 20th, 2018: 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- Tuesday, August 21st, 2018: 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- Wednesday, August 22nd, 2018: 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- Monday, August 27th, 2018: 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- Tuesday, August 28th, 2018: 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- Wednesday, August 29th, 2018: 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
West Middle School Practice Schedules
- Optional practices: Wednesday, August 15th - Friday, August 17th: 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
- Session Practice Schedule: Monday - Friday (except game day) 6:00 - 8:30 pm.
Summer Camp: Monday, July 23rd - Wednesday, July 25th: 6:00 pm - 8:30 PM
- Location: West Senior High School Fields
West Middle School Equipment Fittings & Pick-Up Information
7th grade games and scrimmages begin at 4:00 pm unless otherwise noted.
8th grade games begin 10 minutes after the conclusion of the 7th grade game, but not before 5:15 pm.
Admission will be charged for LEAP middle school basketball, football, volleyball, and wrestling activities. Admission may be paid at each event, or for the entire season with an All-Access Sports Pass. See prices below:
Single Event Admission
- Adults - $3.00
- Students - $2.00
- Children 5 & Under - Free
All Access Athletics Passes
All Access Athletics Passes are available for purchase and include admission to all LEAP and TCAPS athletic events. TCAPS All Access sports passes are not valid for MHSAA-sponsored events. Prices are $100 adults, $70 students, and $30 for senior citizens. Prices remain the same all year no matter what season in which the pass is purchased. Passes can be purchased from the LEAP Office, located at Central High School as well both high school athletic offices.
2018 East Middle School
- 7th Grade: TBD
- 8th Grade: Pablo Bocardo, email@example.com or call/text to 231.313.8386
2018 West Middle School
- 7th Grade: Dave Schuler, firstname.lastname@example.org
- 8th Grade: Dave Kenny, email@example.com
- Sports physicals are required for 7th-8th Grade Football. Physicals must be turned in to the Main Office at East Middle School or the North Wing Office at West Middle School before the start of the season. Download sports physical form
- Transportation requested for all out of district games, and will be provided when available. If transportation is unavailable for an out of district game, transportation will be the sole responsibility of the participants parent/guardian.
- Both middle schools will play a 6 week season.
- Games will be played on Wednesdays. Unless otherwise noted, 7th grade games will begin at 4:00 pm and 8th grade games will begin 10 minutes after the conclusion of the 7th grade game, but not before 5:15 pm.
- Eight minute quarters will be used with a 10 minute half time.
- The dates below signify the start and end dates of the season and the game days. For practice information see the schedules above. Additional information will be sent separately by your coach, practice schedules are subject to change.
Location/Address of Away Games:
Benzie Middle School
9300 Homestead Dr.
Benzonia, MI 49616
Gaylord High School
90 Livingston Blvd.
Gaylord, MI 49735
Cadillac High School
400 Linden St.
Cadillac, MI 49601
1500 Hill St.
Petoskey, MI 49770
3375 Burdickville Rd.
Maple City, MI 49664
775 S. Clark St.
Kingsley, MI 49649
East Middle School
1776 N. Three Mile Rd.
Traverse City, MI 49696
St. Elizabeth Ann Seton
1601 N. Three Mile Rd.
Traverse City, MI 49696
West Middle School
3950 Silver Lake Rd.
Traverse City, MI 49684
- Mouth Guard
- Cost: $125.00
- Reduced fees are available to those who qualify for the free and reduced meals program. Participation fees for those that qualify are as follows:
- Reduced Meals Participation Fee: $70.00 if registered by the deadline.
- Free Meals Participation Fee: $40.00 if registered by the deadline.
Registration Deadline & Details
- Deadline: Friday, August 17th, 2018.
- Registration deadlines are final. Late registrations may not be accepted after the posted registration close date.
- Register for your school below.
- If your child does not attend a TCAPS school, select the "Out of District" option.
- In an effort to be a good community partner, LEAP will accept Out of District students when possible. Space is limited and enrollment may be capped for various offerings. For high demand activities TCAPS students will receive priority.
Payment is required at the time of registration. To register online using a Discover, MasterCard, Visa, or ACH (via a checking or savings account) please register below. Payment with cash or check can be made at the LEAP office located at Central High School, 1150 Milliken, Traverse City. Please use the 1st (smaller) auditorium entrance - we are located just inside the doors to the right. Summer Office Hours are Mondays & Thursdays from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm. School Year Office hours are Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm. Please call the LEAP office at 231.933.6570 for more information.
NOTE: Registration is not complete until your course appears in your dashboard. You will also receive an email from Eleyo confirming your registration. If you do not receive the confirmation email or see the course in your dashboard, be sure you have not left any course items in your shopping basket. If you need assistance please call the LEAP office (231.933.6570). If you did not receive an email from Eleyo or see your course in your dashboard, the payment did not process and the student is not registered.
Filter Course Sections
Full - waiting list