Cross Country (Grades 3-5)
About Cross Country
Cross-Country is open to boys and girls in 3rd - 5th grade. The season begins in September and will run for six weeks. Students will run a one-mile course. Teams will be formed at each elementary school that have enough participants registered to field a team and where a volunteer coach is available. In the event of low enrollment or lack of a volunteer coach, schools may be combined and/or refunds may be given. You will be contacted by the LEAP Office in the event of low enrollment for your school.
Season Start & End Dates
Start and end dates for the 2018 season are yet to be determined.
Practice will run 1-3 days per week after school at each home school. Exact practice days and times will be determined by the availability of the volunteer coach and will not be known until a coach is in place. Schedules vary from school to school. Following the close of registration, your student’s coach will contact you regarding a more detailed schedule.
The Central League will compete on Tuesdays at East Middle School/Carlisle Field. The West League will compete on Thursdays at Silver Lake Elementary School.
- Optional Presentation run with the High School Titans/Trojans - late August (dates/times TBD)
- All-City Championship - TBD
- Bring a water bottle to practices and meets.
- Reduced fees are available to those who qualify for the free and reduced meals program. Participation fees for those that qualify are as follows:
- Reduced Meals Participation Fee: $32.50 if registered by the deadline.
- Free Meals Participation Fee: $16.25 if registered by the deadline.
Registration Deadline & Details
- Deadline: To be determined.
- Registration deadlines are final. Late registrations may not be accepted after the posted registration close date.
- Register for your school below.
- If your child does not attend a TCAPS school, select the "Out of District" option.
- In an effort to be a good community partner, LEAP will accept non-TCAPS students when possible. Space is limited and enrollment may be capped for various offerings. For high demand activities TCAPS students will receive priority.
Payment is required at the time of registration. To register online using a Discover, MasterCard, Visa, or ACH via a checking or savings account please register below. Payment with cash or check can be made in the LEAP office located at Central High School, 1150 Milliken, Traverse City. Please use the main school entrance, the LEAP office is located just inside the doors to the right. Office hours: Monday – Friday, 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM. Please call the LEAP office at 231.933.1758 for more information.
NOTE: Registration is not complete until your course appears in your dashboard. You will also receive an email from Eleyo confirming your registration. If you do not receive the confirmation email or see the course in your dashboard, be sure you have not left any course items in your shopping basket. If you need assistance please call the LEAP office (231.933.1758). If you did not receive an email from Eleyo or see your course in your dashboard, the payment did not process and the student is not registered.