Flag Football (Grades 4-5)
About Flag Football
Flag Football is open to boys and girls in 2nd - 5th grade (this course section will allow you to register 4th and 5th Graders, to register for 2nd-3rd Flag Football click here). The season begins in September and will run for approximately five weeks. The LEAP flag football program partners with the NFL flag football program to offer this exciting opportunity for elementary students to learn the basic fundamentals of the game. Along with the LEAP staff, this program is overseen by the Central High School and West Senior High School coaching staff. Teams will be formed at each elementary school that have enough participants registered to field a team and where a volunteer coach is available. In the event of low enrollment or lack of a volunteer coach, schools may be combined and/or refunds may be given. You will be contacted by the LEAP Office in the event of low enrollment for your school.
Season Start & End Dates
Exact start and end dates for the 2018 season have yet to be determined.
4th - 5th Grade Flag Football will run 1-3 days per week after school at each home school. Exact practice days and times will be determined by the availability of the volunteer coach and will not be known until a coach is in place. Schedules vary from school to school. Following the close registration, your student's coach will contact you regarding a more detailed schedule.
- Wednesdays will be inter-league play with games being held at the Meijer fields as well as various elementary schools.
- Clinics and games will be held on Saturdays - starting date to be determined.
- The clinics and and games will be held at West Middle School/Meijer Fields as well as Central High School
- Each Saturday clinic date will consist of approximately 30 mintues of skills and drills and 45 minutes of games (the first Saturday may only be clinics) run by the high school coaching staff with the support of the Central High School and West Senior High School players.
- Combine and All City Jamboree - TBD.
- Bring a water bottle to practices and games.
- Each player will be given a jersey that corresponds with the NFL team that is selected for their Flag Football team.
- Sizes requested upon registration will be honored whenever possible but are not guaranteed. NFL jersey inventory is limited - certain sizes may not be available at the time the order is placed so the next size up or down may be ordered in its place.
- Cost: $75.00
- Reduced fees are unavailable for this offering due to fees associated with our NFL Flag Football membership.
Registration Deadline & Details
- Deadline: to be determined. Due to the deadline for LEAP to place NFL jersey orders, no late registrations will be accepted.
- Register for your school below.
- If your child does not attend a TCAPS school, select the "Out of District" option.
- In an effort to be a good community partner, LEAP will accept non-TCAPS students when possible. Space is limited and enrollment may be capped for various offerings. For high demand activities TCAPS students will receive priority.
Payment is required at the time of registration. To register online using a Discover, MasterCard, Visa, or ACH via a checking or savings account please register below. Payment with cash or check can be made in the LEAP office located at Central High School, 1150 Milliken, Traverse City. Please use the main school entrance, the LEAP office is located just inside the doors to the right. Office hours: Monday – Friday, 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM. Please call the LEAP office at 231.933.1758 for more information.
NOTE: Registration is not complete until your course appears in your dashboard. You will also receive an email from Eleyo confirming your registration. If you do not receive the confirmation email or see the course in your dashboard, be sure you have not left any course items in your shopping basket. If you need assistance please call the LEAP office (231.933.1758). If you did not receive an email from Eleyo or see your course in your dashboard, the payment did not process and the student is not registered.