Nordic Rocks 2.0
About Nordic Rocks 2.0
Nordic Rocks 2.0 is an 8 week Cross Country Ski Program that gives kids a chance to learn cross country skiing. This program, available for Kindergarten through 5th Grade Students, is a collaboration between LEAP and the VASA Ski Club who uses a research based curriculum with six age and experience skill levels that focus on FUNdamentals and physical literacy. Skis are age appropriate and provided by Vasa Ski Club. The ski bindings accommodate any kind of outdoor winter boot/shoe. The instructors and coaches are trained by certified coaches. Your child will learn how to ski and then progress their skills in a fun outdoor environment, providing them with a positive experience and incentive to continue the sport through middle school, and beyond. Hats, buffs, water resistant mittens, and snow pants are encouraged to keep warm and dry.
Start & End Dates
Monday, December 11th, 2017 - Monday, February 26th, 2018.
Nordic Rocks 2.0 will meet from 4:00 pm - 5:15 pm on the following Mondays at Eastern Elementary (at Bertha Vos - 3723 Shore Road, Williamsburg, MI 49690)
- Monday, December 11th
- Monday, December 18th
- Monday, January 8th
- Monday, January 22nd
- Monday, January 29th
- Monday, February 5th
- Monday, February 12th
- Monday, February 26th
Please note class will not be held during Winter Break and Days that School is closed.
- John Kostrzewa, email@example.com
- Kostrzewa's coaching experience includes 15 years as a Nordic Head Coach for High School students.
- In addition to a winter coat, your student is recommended to bring a hat, water resistant mittens, and snow pants are encouraged to keep your student warm and dry.
- Please note any winter boots/shoes will fit the ski bindings.
- Important Ski Tips for Kids.
- In the event school is closed, no LEAP activities will be held per TCAPS policy. There is no guarantee of a make-up date in the case of inclement weather.
- Vasa Ski Club's Nordic Rocks 2.0 MYSL Website
- Cost $40.00 for the eight week session.
- Reduced fees are unavailable for this offering.
Registration Deadline & Details
- Deadline: Monday, December 4th, 2017.
- Registration deadlines are final. Late registrations may not be accepted after the posted registration close date.
Payment is required at the time of registration. To register online using a Discover, MasterCard, Visa, or ACH via a checking or savings account please register below. Payment with cash or check can be made in the LEAP office located at Central High School, 1150 Milliken, Traverse City. Please use the main school entrance, the LEAP office is located just inside the doors to the right. Office hours: Monday – Friday, 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM. Please call the LEAP office at 231.933.1758 for more information.
NOTE: Registration is not complete until your course appears in your dashboard. You will also receive an email from Eleyo confirming your registration. If you do not receive the confirmation email or see the course in your dashboard, be sure you have not left any course items in your shopping basket. If you need assistance please call the LEAP office (231.933.1758). If you did not receive an email from Eleyo or see your course in your dashboard, the payment did not process and the student is not registered.
Eastern Elementary School
No Class Dec 25, Jan 1, Jan 15 & Feb 19
Online registration is over