Summer Strength and Conditioning Camp
Join Coach Doug Gle at TC Central High School this summer for one of the following Strength and Conditioning Camp Options!
Program Director: Doug Gle. Doug is currently working as a teacher and football coach at Traverse City Central High School.
He is a NSCA Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist and a USA Weightlifting Club Coach with a Masters Degree in Exercise Science. He currently serves as the Director for the National High School Strength and Conditioning Association.
His experience includes working as a Strength and Conditioning Coach at Eastern Michigan University, Western Michigan University and at the University of Northern Iowa. He has 22 years experience working with athletes of all ages.
Sport-Specific Training that Improves Athletic Performance.
Areas of Focus:
- Absolute Speed
- Linear Speed
- Explosive Power (Vertical Jump & Start)
- Increase Lean Body Mass
- Energy Systems Development
Facilities and Equipment: The camp will be located in the Traverse City Central High School's 5600 square foot State of the Art Strength and Conditioning Facilities.
The facilities include:
- Brower Laser Timer for accurate sprint timing
- Vertec and Just Jump jump mat for vertical jump testing
- 16 HD Elite Hammer Strength Multi Racks stations
- 8 Hammer Strength Platforms
- 6 Hammer Strength Glute - Ham Benches
- 10 Assorted Life Selectorized Machines
- 1 Woodway Curve Treadmill
- 2 Run Rocket Sprint Trainers
- 1 Vertimax
- 1 KBOX flywheel inertia trainer
- 1 Proinertial flywheel inertia trainer
- 1 Versapulley Trainer
- Gymaware Linear Power Transducer for measuring bar speed and power output
Camps will be held at Central High School June 13th - July 27th, 2018 on Monday, Wednesdays and Thursdays.
- There will be NO SESSIONS the week of July 1st - July 8th due to the athletic dead period.
- The last week of camp sessions will be held on Thursday, July 26th and Friday, July 27th only.
Strength and Conditioning Camps: (Use Fall of 2017 Grades for sessions)
- High School (Co-Ed Class; current grades 8-11) : 10:00 am - 11:00 am.
- Middle School (Co-Ed Class; current grades 5-7): 11:00 am - 12:00 pm.
- 16 sessions total *If the minimum number of participants is not met, classes may be combined.
TEAM Strength & Conditioning Camps: Please contact Doug Gle at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information/scheduling. Prices are listed below for the entire 6 week program. Teams may choose to train with another team or program for costs savings (i.e. girls volleyball & girls basketball).
- 2 (60) minute sessions per week $1,500.00
- 2 (90 ) minute sessions per week $1,800.00
- 3 (60 ) minute sessions per week $1,800.00
- 3 (60 ) minute combined team sessions per week $2,600.00
- 2 (60) minute combined team sessions per week $1,800.00
- 2 (90) minute combined sessions per week $2,500.
Registration Deadline: Monday, June 11th, 2018.
- A late registration fee of $10.00 will be added for any registrations after Monday, June 11th, 2018.
- Must be pre-registered to attend sessions on Wednesday, June 13th, 2018.
*Please note: this camp is open to any interested parties, however, MHSAA transfer and link rules will apply to any students interested in transferring to Central High School.*
Payment is required at the time of registration. To register online using a Discover, MasterCard, Visa, or ACH via a checking or savings account please register below. Payment with cash or check can be made in the LEAP office located at Central High School, 1150 Milliken, Traverse City. The LEAP office is located near the Auditorium. Use the first parking lot on Milliken and enter through the first set of doors. Our office is the first office on the right.. Office hours: Monday – Friday, 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM. Please call the LEAP office at 231.933.1758 for more information.
NOTE: Registration is not complete until your course appears in your dashboard. You will also receive an email from Eleyo confirming your registration. If you do not receive the confirmation email or see the course in your dashboard, be sure you have not left any course items in your shopping basket. If you need assistance please call the LEAP office (231.933.1758). If you did not receive an email from Eleyo or see your course in your dashboard, the payment did not process and the student is not registered.
No Class Jul 2, Jul 4-Jul 5, Jul 23 & Jul 25
Online registration is over
No Class Jul 2-Jul 6
Online registration is over