Girls Softball (Grades 6-8)
About Girls Softball
LEAP middle school girls softball welcomes 6-8 grade students of all ability levels and experience. This six-week program of educational athletics will focus on the fundamental skills needed for the game including throwing, fielding, hitting and pitching. Games will be scheduled with other comparable school teams from the area throughout the season with exact schedules TBD. A high level of sportsmanship will be expected of all involved with the program.
Season Start & End Dates
Monday, April 1st, 2019 - Wednesday, May 29th, 2018.
East Middle School
Preliminary Evaluation Clinics will take place in the East Middle School Gym - Schedule TBD
Practice Schedules (Starting April 9th, 2018.)
Black Team: TBD
Gold Team: TBD
West Middle School
Parent Meeting: TBD
Preliminary Evaluation Clinics (Evaluations will take place in the Big/Small gyms at West Middle School)
Practice Schedules (Starting Tuesday April 17th, 2018)
- Green Team: TBD
- Gold Team: TBD
- Once the players have been assigned to their teams, the schedule of games will be posted here.
- Games start on Monday April 22nd, 2019.
- Times TBD.
- Physicals are required for Middle School Girls Softball. Physicals must be turned in to the Main Office at East Middle School or the North Wing Office at West Middle School before the start of the season.Download sports physical form
- Bring a water bottle to practices and games.
- In the event school is closed, no LEAP activities will be held per TCAPS policy. There is no guarantee of a make-up date in the case of inclement weather. Missed games will only be made up if schedules allow.
- Transportation is NOT provided for this LEAP offering, transportation will be the sole responsibility of the participants parent/guardian
- Bats, Cleats, Helmet, Glove, Mask (They are not required, however if you have these items please bring them to practice and games).
- Water Bottle
Registration Deadline & Details
- Deadline: Thursday, March 21st, 2019.
- Registration deadlines are final. Late registrations may not be accepted after the posted registration close date.
- If late registration is available, there will be a $25.00 late fee.
- Register for your school below.
- If your child does not attend a TCAPS school, select the "Non-TCAPS" option.
- In an effort to be a good community partner, LEAP will accept non-TCAPS students when possible. Space is limited and enrollment may be capped for various offerings. For high demand activities TCAPS students will receive priority.
Payment is required at the time of registration. To register online using a Discover, MasterCard, Visa, or ACH (via a checking or savings account) please register below. Payment with cash or check can be made at the LEAP office located at Central High School, 1150 Milliken, Traverse City. Please use the 1st (smaller) auditorium entrance - we are located just inside the doors to the right. Office hours are Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm. Please call the LEAP office at 231.933.6570 for more information.
NOTE: Registration is not complete until your course appears in your dashboard. You will also receive an email from Eleyo confirming your registration. If you do not receive the confirmation email or see the course in your dashboard, be sure you have not left any course items in your shopping basket. If you need assistance please call the LEAP office (231.933.6570). If you did not receive an email from Eleyo or see your course in your dashboard, the payment did not process and the student is not registered.