Volleyball (Grades 4-5)
Elementary Volleyball is co-ed and open to students in 4th - 5th grade. The season begins on Saturday, February 16th, 2019 and will run for approximately six weeks. Teams will practice 2-3 days a week and will begin competitions after the second week of practices. Teams will be formed at each elementary school that have enough participants registered to field a team and where a volunteer coach is available. In the event of low enrollment or lack of a volunteer coach, schools may be combined and/or refunds may be given. In the event of low enrollment or lack of a volunteer coach, schools may be combined and/or refunds may be given. You will be contacted by the LEAP Office in the event of low enrollment for your school.
Season Start & End Dates
Saturday, February 16th, 2019 - Thursday,April 4th, 2019.
Elementary 4th - 5th Volleyball will meet for the first time on Saturday, February 16th, 2019. Practices will run 1-3 days per week after school at each home school that fields enough players for a team. Exact practice days and times will be determined by the availability of the volunteer coach and will not be known until a coach is in place. Schedules vary from school to school. Following the close of registration, your student’s coach will contact you regarding a more detailed schedule.
Game Schedule: TBD
- Each team will have an 8 game season. Once the number of teams have been determined at each school, the schedule of games will be posted here.
- Games will be scheduled between 5 pm and 8 pm at the elementary schools.
- Both the Central and West Leagues will compete on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- West Side Clinic: Saturday, February 16th, 2019 ,1:00 pm - 3:00 pm at West Senior High.
- East Side Clinic: Saturday, February 23rd, 2019, 10:00 am - 12:00 pm at East Middle School.
- Bring a water bottle to practices and games.
- Teams will consist of 8-12 players.
- In the event school is closed, no LEAP activities will be held per TCAPS policy. There is no guarantee of a make-up date in the case of inclement weather. Missed games will only be made up if schedules allow.
- Cost: $65
- Reduced fees are available to those who qualify for the free and reduced meals program. Participation fees for those that qualify are as follows:
- Reduced Meals Participation Fee: $32.50 if registered by the deadline.
- Free Meals Participation Fee: $16.25 if registered by the deadline.
Registration Deadline & Details
- Deadline: Friday, February 1st, 2019.
- Registration deadlines are final. Late registrations may not be accepted after the posted registration close date.
- If late registration is available, there will be a $25.00 late fee.
- Register for your school below.
- If your child does not attend a TCAPS school, select the "Out of District" option.
- In an effort to be a good community partner, LEAP will accept non-TCAPS students when possible. Space is limited and enrollment may be capped for various offerings. For high demand activities TCAPS students will receive priority.
Payment is required at the time of registration. To register online using a Discover, MasterCard, Visa, or ACH (via a checking or savings account) please register below. Payment with cash or check can be made at the LEAP office located at Central High School, 1150 Milliken, Traverse City. Please use the 1st (smaller) auditorium entrance - we are located just inside the doors to the right. Office hours are Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm. Please call the LEAP office at 231.933.6570 for more information.
NOTE: Registration is not complete until your course appears in your dashboard. You will also receive an email from Eleyo confirming your registration. If you do not receive the confirmation email or see the course in your dashboard, be sure you have not left any course items in your shopping basket. If you need assistance please call the LEAP office (231.933.6570). If you did not receive an email from Eleyo or see your course in your dashboard, the payment did not process and the student is not registered.