Tennis (Grades 4-5)
About 4th - 5th Tennis
This program is for all 4th and 5th grade students. The players will participate in sessions that are designed to teach the fundamentals of the game. Practice and Matches will be held at both East and West Middle Schools on Wednesdays and Fridays from 5:30 PM - 7:00 PM beginning on Wednesday May 3rd, 2019. Each student should bring a 25” tennis racket to each class. Coaches will be players from the high school varsity teams as well as tennis coaching staff from each high school.
Season Start & End Dates
Wednesday, May 1st, 2019 - Saturday, June 1st, 2019.
Practice will be held on the following dates:
- East Middle School: TBD
Matches will be held on the following Fridays:
East Middle School: TBD
West Middle School: TBD
- End of Season Jamboree - Saturday, June 1st, 2019 – Location TBD
- Bring a water bottle and 25” tennis racket to practices and matches.
- Tennis can be cancelled in the event of rain or if the courts have standing water from a previous rainfall. Wet courts can become too slick for safety. LEAP will inform you of any weather cancellations with an announcement at the schools and with an email to the address on file.
- In the event school is closed, no LEAP activities will be held per TCAPS policy. There is no guarantee of a make-up date in the case of inclement weather. Missed matches will only be made up if schedules allow.
- Cost $65.00
- A reduced fee is available to those who qualify for the free and reduced meals program. The participation fee for those that qualify is as follows:
- Free & Reduced Meals Participation Fee: $50.00 if registered by the deadline.
Registration Deadline & Details
- Deadline: Friday, April 26th, 2019.
- Registration deadlines are final. Late registrations may not be accepted after the posted registration close date.
- In the event of availability of late registration, there will be a late fee of $25 in addition to the registration fee.
- Register for the East or West League below. You may choose whichever school is the most convenient for you to travel to from your student's elementary school for practices.
- If your child does not attend a TCAPS school, select the "Out of District" option.
- In an effort to be a good community partner, LEAP will accept non-TCAPS students when possible. Space is limited and enrollment may be capped for various offerings. For high demand activities TCAPS students will receive priority.
Payment is required at the time of registration. To register online using a Discover, MasterCard, Visa, or ACH (via a checking or savings account) please register below. Payment with cash or check can be made at the LEAP office located at Central High School, 1150 Milliken, Traverse City. Please use the 1st (smaller) auditorium entrance - we are located just inside the doors to the right. Office hours are Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm. Please call the LEAP office at 231.933.6570 for more information.
NOTE: Registration is not complete until your course appears in your dashboard. You will also receive an email from Eleyo confirming your registration. If you do not receive the confirmation email or see the course in your dashboard, be sure you have not left any course items in your shopping basket. If you need assistance please call the LEAP office (231.933.6570). If you did not receive an email from Eleyo or see your course in your dashboard, the payment did not process and the student is not registered.