What is LEAP?
LEAP, also known as the Learning, Enrichment and Athletic Program through Traverse City Area Public Schools, provides athletic, arts, and enrichment opportunities for preschool through 12th grade students. It is the vision of LEAP to provide students with increased opportunities for engagement beyond the school day through educational and recreational activities to improve learning, health, and wellness. Programs goals include 1) ensuring access to available programming for each student committing to participate in athletic and/or recreational activities offered through LEAP, and 2) participants, coaches, parents, and spectators will demonstrate the highest degree of sportsmanship at all times.
Expectations of LEAP Participants
- Attend all scheduled practices and competitions
- Give best effort at all times
- Conduct self in sportsmanlike fashion at all times
- Treat teammates with respect
- Have fun
*Any behavior which is contrary to LEAP vision, mission, and/or program goals could result in an individual (student, parent, and/or coach) or team being denied further access to program offerings.
Spring 2021 Sports Offerings
Grades 2-3 Tennis - Coming Soon
Grades 4-5 Tennis - Coming Soon
Grades 4-5 Track & Field - Coming Soon
Middle School Offerings:
6-8 Girls Softball - Coming Soon
6-8 Track & Field - Coming Soon
6-8 Tennis - Coming Soon
High School Offerings:
DUE TO COVID-19 There are many protocols in place. Please see each sport for specific information as protocols may differ sport to sport, offering to offering. Thank you.
Current Enrichment Offerings
- Fencing (Grades 4-12) September - May 2021
- Challenge Island (Grades K-5)
- Acting Academy (Grades 6-8)
- Drama Kids (Grades 1-5)
- MI College Planning (All Grades/Ages)
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Virtual Classes (Teen & Parent)
- Parallel 45 Spring Classes (Grades 3-8)
- TACS Community Sailing (Ages 8-17)
- Traverse City Little League (Ages 5-12)
- Start Exploring
Keep Track of Your Registrations
Log In to view your dashboard of upcoming events, view receipts, update account information, and add students.
Get in Touch with the LEAP Office
If you have any questions about the programs we offer feel free to contact us.